What am I doing now (June 2022)? In no particular order:
I founded my own legal consulting firm in April 2020 to provide external “in-house” legal support to asset managers. I wanted to be more in control of my own time. A former colleague, Rebecca O’Brien, joined in September 2021 to help service the increasing demand. I am also partnering with DRS to build out a contract monitoring solution for asset managers.
As we move into summer, I have exchanged my skis for my squash racket, bike and running shoes. You can follow me on Strava here. I practice Wim Hof breathing and use the Freeletics app to provide some structure to my exercise routine. I am doing the Push-up Challenge in June in support of better mental help: 3,139 push-ups over 24 days!
Books I am reading (or recently read)
· Richer, Wiser, Happier by William Green
· Solve for Happy: Engineer Your Path to Joy by Mo Gawdat
· Life Force by Tony Robbins
· Scary Smart: The Future of Artificial Intelligence and How You Can Save our World by Mo Gawdat
Podcasts I’m enjoying right now
· After Hours
· The Diary of a CEO (Steven Bartlett)
· Rugby Union Weekly
· Test Match Special
· The High Performance Podcast
· On Purpose (Jay Shetty)
I want to learn…
· to improve my skills and confidence to succeed at being a non-executive director;
· how to code;
· to live more in the moment;
· more about nutrition and the impact on the gut microbiome. I’m very proud of my 11 year old son who went on a very strict diet last year to treat his “leaky gut” and reduce the very high level of histamine in his blood. My wife wrote a piece about it here.
Living in the Geneva Area
I’m grateful to live in such a beautiful area, to have the mountains and Lac Leman on the doorstep, and to be able to cycle into Geneva to see my clients. We miss family and friends back in the UK and in New Zealand but am grateful we can now travel again. I volunteer for Serve the City in Geneva. As a family, we continue to sponsor an orphan in Tanzania through the great work by Twigas House.
Plenty of change lies ahead as we move house this summer and my son goes to a new school in September. Exciting times….